It is a pill containing hormonal compounds, taken by women before intercourse, it works to prevent pregnancy, as it is one of the most common methods of pregnancy regulation.
Components of birth control pills
These cereals are divided into two parts:
- Monotherapy: It is made up of progesterone only.
- Compound section: It consists of hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Taking pills reduces the fertility of women, reducing the chance of pregnancy, where the pills containing hormones estrogen and progesterone more effective than the pills containing the hormone progesterone only, which is usually used by nursing mothers so as not to affect the process of milk production and thus influence And the other type of contraceptive pill is safer and more effective for unmarried women.
Contraindications of contraceptive use
- An increase in weight, where the presence of estrogen on the absorption and retention of water in the body and thus an increase in the amount of fat and fat, in addition to bulging in the muscles.
- Cancer risk, especially breast and cervical cancer.
- Probability of ectopic pregnancy.
- Influence on female libido.
- High blood pressure, and circulatory problems such as, vascular thrombosis, and jaundice.
- Hearing and sight disorders.
- Loss of appetite, feeling depressed and depressed.
- Headache and liver disorders.
- Feeling nauseous and vomiting in addition to diarrhea.
- Chest bulge, and vision problems.
- Coagulation and coagulation.
- Urinary color change, and vaginal bleeding.
- Irregular menstrual cycle in girls.
- Swelling of the breasts, too large, and can cause ulcers.
Benefits of oral contraceptives
- Minimize the chance of bowel cancer.
- Organize your menstrual cycle, help with pelvic pain treatment.
- Treatment of menstrual disorders and associated problems.
- Protection against osteoporosis and rheumatism.
- Protection against anemia and iron deficiency.
- Reduce the risk of fibroids.
- Control the date of the menstrual cycle, which can be submitted or delayed from the normal date.
Before you start taking the pill, you should check with your doctor to check on a number of things, including blood pressure, breast examination, pelvic examination, whether you have cancer by a family member, or if you are a smoker or have blood clots. It affects your health, and you should know which medications can interact with the pill if taken at the same time.