Mint is an evergreen herbaceous plant that belongs to the oral group. Its height is about 30-90 cm. Its leaves are rough green or dark red, and its leg is topped by a floral vase with purple violet flowers. Peppermint grows all over the world, especially in the Mediterranean region, but is not suited to cold weather. The taste of mint is stinging and its taste is refreshing and has the scent of menthol.
The nutritional value of mint
Peppermint leaves and flowers at the top of the leg contain 5.1% volatile oils, consisting of menthol, ethyl acetate, ethyl valparineate, methionate, cyanol and lemon. The following table shows the nutritional composition of each 100 g of fresh mint:
|Food ingredient||Nutritional value|
|Total fat||0.73 grams|
|Total carbohydrates||8.41 grams|
|vitamin C||13.3 milligrams|
|Vitamin B1||0.078 milligrams|
|Vitamin B2||0.175 milligrams|
|Vitamin B3||0.948 milligrams|
|Vitamin B6||0.158 milligrams|
|Folic acid||105 micrograms|
|Vitamin A||4054 IU|
Benefits of soaked mint
Mint medicine is used in alternative medicine to treat many health problems. At present, its medicinal and therapeutic efficacy has been proven to be as follows:
- Activates brain function, improves memory centers in it, and soaked mint can increase a person’s ability to concentrate.
- It is used in the treatment of rheumatism and joint diseases.
- Relaxes the nerves and eliminates feelings of stress, anxiety, stress and nervousness. It also helps to relax muscles and relieve cramping, increase the ability to withstand stress and mental disorders and blood pressure, as well as the work of dwelling for headache and migraine symptoms.
- The peppermint mint enhances the action of the immune system by eliminating microbes and bacteria that cause many diseases, especially in the cases of coughs, colds and fever, containing peppermint mints on B vitamins and many antioxidants, calcium, also promotes absorption of nutrients in the intestines, The line of defense against the disease helps the body to perform its functions.
- It helps to reduce the pain of uterine contraction associated with menstrual bleeding.
- Because of its anti-convulsive properties, it also reduces stomach aches and symptoms associated with the dizziness of movement that accompanies a ship or plane ride in some, fights inflammation and restores the stomach to its natural position and stabilizes it. .
- Helps eliminate phlegm in the respiratory tract, strengthens breathing capacity, and treats chronic cough and cough because of its anti-convulsive properties, which relaxes the muscles of the throat and chest, and strengthens the work of the respiratory system.
- Improves the smell of the breath and refreshes it, and relieves the symptoms of bad breath odor if the drink is continuously diluted mint, but the scientific evidence is insufficient to prove this property.
- It treats some skin problems such as acne, because it raises the levels of estrogen in a mild way, which helps to solve the problem of acne, and advised to add mint to bath water; to calm burns and inflammation and rash.
- It is useful in cases of flu and colds. It treats throat and throat inflammation if used as gargle, and the peppermint drink treats fever and fever, as it causes sweating, as the body cools from the inside because it contains menthol as a main ingredient.
Benefits of soaked mint for slimming
The mint increases the secretion of the salivary glands and increases their activity and the activity of digestive enzymes, which enhances the work and health of the digestive system, helps in cases of indigestion, and the mint is diluted enamel of the intestines and control of constipation; it increases the production of bile to increase the efficiency of digestion and stimulate bowel movement and functions , And also expels intestinal worms; because it contains oils effective in killing worms, bacteria and microbes. The peppermint is a gas repellent, which facilitates the movement of gases through the intestine and prevents it from warming, which causes bloating, convulsions and discomfort. It also relieves irritable bowel syndrome.
Peppermint is a catalyst for the production of digestive enzymes that help absorb nutrients from food, convert fats into expendable energy, and because of its ability to enhance the digestive system in general and regulate bowel movement, the mint acts indirectly to stimulate fat burning processes better, So it is a food aid in loss and loss of excess weight.
How to prepare mint peppermint
A set of leaves of fresh mint is placed after washing and slicing into a cup of boiled water, covered to keep the contents of the volatile oils, and left for 10 minutes to cool, drain and drink.
Drink precautions minted
- It is not recommended to drink minted daily and for a long time, as the consumption of a large amount of it may lead to spasm, and slow heart rate, diarrhea, drowsiness, muscle pain, so it is recommended to limit the limit as mentioned above.
- Pregnant women should not drink too much mint water, because it may increase the risk of miscarriage, and it is not recommended to drink during the period of lactation to maintain the health of infants.
- It is advisable to consult your doctor when you apply mint peppermint to your diet program on an ongoing basis because it may interact with some pharmacological treatments, especially in certain conditions, such as asthma, gastric acidity, and menthol sensitivity.