Definition of obesity and overweight
In order to understand the principle of weight loss, you must first understand the concept of obesity and overweight. Overweight is defined as the state in which the body weight exceeds a certain measure of height. Obesity is defined as the accumulation of fat in the body to the extent that it interferes with health.
In order to maintain proper weight, the person must balance the energy consumed in the diet with the energy consumed by the body daily for life, and there are many reasons for obesity and weight gain, but the imbalance occurs in the weight of the body of the person when the proper imbalance of this equation, Calories) consumed in the diet about the energy (calories) consumed, or when the energy consumed by those involved, the weight gain gradually according to the difference between them. A common method of weight assessment is the use of BMI, which is calculated from the following equation: Body weight in kg / square length in meters.
|Category||Body mass index (kg / m 2).|
|Weight loss||Less than 18.5|
|Increase in weight||25-29.9|
|Third-class obesity (excessive obesity)||40 and more|
Weight loss in a week
It is scientifically known that weight loss to treat obesity and overweight should be slow and gradual. Changing lifestyle and taking a healthy diet for gradual weight loss is always more successful than diets that promote rapid weight loss.
Gradually, the weight lost is more viable and non-profitable. Nutritionists and dieters always recommend healthy diets and positive lifestyle changes to work on a gradual weight loss, but finding highways for weight loss remains a goal. To many.
You get weight loss when we cut calories from those that the body burns, or when we raise the calories that the body burns for the same as what happens when we increase physical activity, and certainly one week is not enough to deal with obesity or disposal Of the excess weight, but can be disposed of between 1 kg to 2.5 kg in this period, because if we burned 500 calories more than the daily intake and for a week can be rid of half a kilogram of body fat weight almost, and if you You need to lose weight Less than your daily needs and more than daily exercise.
It should be noted that the daily diet should not contain less calories than the basic metabolic rate, which is defined as the minimum energy (calories) needed by the body to maintain metabolic processes in cells and tissues to maintain the basic processes in the body, which include Blood circulation, breathing, digestive and renal function. Very low calorie diets may be dangerous to the body and may have negative health effects. In general, calories in the daily diet should not be less than 1200 calories, Daily Gat and basic rate of metabolism varies from one person to another, and must use Pachtsasi nutrition to determine the appropriate calories for each person.
Most people who are looking for ways to lose weight in a short period (for example, a week) are those who have an emergency event that has not been prepared in advance, while the main motivation for dieting and weight loss should be to reduce the health risks associated with obesity and get all Preventive benefits that result from a healthy diet. Obesity and overweight increase the risk of chronic diseases and reduce life expectancy.
Do not follow the harsh diets that avoid a certain type of food or focus on a particular type, such as diets that focus on protein and remove starches, or cabbage or potatoes and others, and know that there is no magic diet rid the body of excess weight quickly or effortlessly In contrast, the diet should be comprehensive, varied and balanced, and should take into account individual differences.
General tips can be followed for weight loss
- The nutritionist should be consulted to assess the nutritional status of the individual and to give the appropriate diet.
- The goal must be realistic and logical so that the person is not frustrated and can continue dieting.
- You should count on multiple small meals instead of one large meal, as dividing calories on several meals stimulates metabolism and helps burn more calories.
- Reduce fat intake and avoid saturated fat. For example, high-fat meat should be avoided and replaced with low-fat meat such as lean chicken breast and grilled fish.
- Drink enough water, you should eat at least two liters of water a day, plus more if the weather is hot or exercise, studies have found that eating enough water prevents the person to eat food that is caused by thirst , And drinking water before meals helps to reduce calorie intake and helps to feel full.
- Start taking the authorities before the main meal, and to avoid being bored we can prepare power differently every day.
- The intake of dietary fiber should be increased, as it makes absorption slower and contributes to the feeling of fullness for a longer period, by focusing on whole grains such as: whole wheat bread, whole oatmeal, brown rice, vegetables and fruits.
- Eat fruits and vegetables between meals to avoid feeling hungry before the meal and thus avoid eating large amounts of food.
- Eat milk or skimmed milk instead of whole fat.
- Exercise at least an hour of sport a day.
- Eat slowly and be careful to chew good.
- Use smaller dishes and spoons.
- You can also drink some herbal tea that helps in reducing weight by raising the fat burning ratio and working to fill the appetite, such as: ginger tea, green tea, chamomile, cinnamon, and drinking tea and coffee has a similar effect.
* Obese obesity video.